With the new release of Mac OS X Yosemite I decided to update the instructions of how to add the Android Adb path to Mac from Mavericks to Yosemite. The instructions are quite similar so here we go:
- Download the Android Studio Bundle with the SDK.
- Unzip file and copy the folder to your home directory.
- For instance my directory where the Android SDK is installed: /Users/jorge/android
- Open terminal and go to your Home directory with the following command: “cd ~/”
- Create a .bash_profile. To do so, in the terminal type: “touch .bash_profile”
- Open this new file. In the terminal type: “open .bash_profile”
Add the path to the Android SDK, platform-tools directory. Add the following to the file:
- Save the file
- Reload the environment variables with the following command: “. .bash_profile”
- Done. Now you should be able to use adb from the terminal.
Look below for the commands in the terminal: